A.P. Chemistry Students at Work
Drama 2018 Once Upon A Mattress
Mission StatementChicopee Comprehensive High School, a community of educators, students, administrators, parents and
support staff, provides a supportive and safe environment essential for learning. We ensure that all students have opportunities to contribute in a democratic school society. Academic, career and technical courses are taught at a rigorous level to assure that students are prepared for college or other post-secondary learning.
The curriculum requires that students question, solve problems, analyze and synthesize, research, and construct knowledge. We provide co-curricular activities and opportunities for community involvement, knowing that what students learn at Chicopee Comprehensive High School lays the foundation for lifelong learning.
Academic expectationsChicopee Comprehensive High School students will
1. read effectively and critically for information and understanding.
2. communicate effectively and clearly as writers and speakers.
3. use critical thinking, problem-solving and reasoning techniques effectively.
4. demonstrate effective use of appropriate technology.
social expectationsChicopee Comprehensive High School students will
1. interact appropriately with faculty, visitors, and members of the community.
2. demonstrate an open-mindedness and respect for all members of our school and community
3. exhibit an awareness of their own development, reflect on their own thought processes, and assume
personal responsibility for their behavior.
4. act responsibly at school-sponsored functions or at events in the community where students represent the school.
civic expectationsChicopee Comprehensive High School students will
1. contribute to a safe and healthy learning environment by respecting, maintaining or enhancing the school’s physical appearance and promoting its academic goals.
2. respect themselves and others, understand their rights and responsibilities, and welcome other students to become a part of the learning community.
3. exhibit a commitment to school and community involvement.
accreditation statementChicopee Comprehensive High School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction. Accreditation of an institution by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer group review process. An accredited school or college is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
non-discrimination policyThe Chicopee Public Schools and Chicopee Comprehensive High School do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities.