CCHS Advisories 2018
8 months ago
What is Advisory?
- It is a structured delivery system for academic, career, and social growth through the sharing of pertinent information.
- It is a program designed to bring students and staff together to enhance student’s educational experience and ensure academic success.
- Time for students and staff to discuss meaningful academic topics, outside of a teacher's academic discipline.
- Time for 10th grade students to become more familiar with their future MCAS proctor.
- A block of 20 minutes between periods 4 and 5, which will take place each Friday, from February 2, 2018 through May 18, 2018.
Role of Advisor (staff member)
- Serve as an adult role model and advocate for students and foster relevant relationships.
- Provide opportunities for conversation and trust-building in a non-academic setting.
- Help explain to students that CCHS staff expect a high level of academic achievement for all students.
- Help provide answers to student questions related to course selection, high stakes testing (MCAS), and college readiness.
- Encourage students to set rigorous yet attainable academic goals.
- Help to create and promote a positive school environment and experience for all students.